The Groom’s Quarters Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
When is check in and check out?
Guests may check in between 4-10pm.
Check out by 11am.
May we have early check in and late departure?
Early and late departures may be arranged, if possible, by contacting us by email 48 hours prior to your arrival to check on availability.
What is your cancellation policy?
There is a four-week (28 days) cancellation period. If you cancel four weeks prior to date of reservation, there is $25.00 cancellation fee. With shorter notice, you are responsible for any nights that we are unable to rebook.
Is there a minimum night stay required?
Weekends and midweek: two nights
Holidays: three nights
What is the maximum occupancy?
Maximum occupancy is seven. This includes adults and children.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is prohibited in the Groom’s Quarters and Stables — and banned within 20 ft of any entrance to any building, including the Stables.
Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, we do not accomodate pets.
Do you host weddings or may we have a small gathering of friends to dinner who are not registered guests?
Sorry no, the Groom’s Quarters is for registered guests only.
Do you allow camping on the property?
Is there WiFi?
Do you provide linens?
Yes, linens and towels are provided.
Also, the kitchens are equipped with gas stoves and ovens, refrigerators, microwaves, dishes, utensils, pots and pans, coffee makers with filters, and toasters.
What is the tax rate?
There is a 14% Transient Occupancy Tax added to your lodging. Horse boarding is exempt.
Are there places to eat nearby?
Yes, after booking, your confirmation will include a list restaurants and nearby grocery stores. You can also check out local dining guides.
Can I ride my horse from the property?
No. You’ll need to trailer to the park and the nearest trailhead, Bear Valley Trailhead, is four miles from the Groom’s Quarters, also there are various staging areas throughout the park.
Can I ride my horse on the property?
No, mounting your horse on the property is not allowed.
Can I ride my horse on the beach?
Limantour Beach, North and South Beach, and Wildcat Beach allow horses.
Boarding Your Horse
Equine boarding is only available to guests during the dates of their stay at Groom’s Quarters. We do not allow horse boarding for non-guests.
1. RELEASE and HOLD HARMLESS. Horse Owner agrees to hold Point Reyes Country Inn and Stable LLC harmless from any and all claims arising from damage or injuries caused by Owner’s horse(s) to anyone, and defend Point Reyes Country Inn and Stable LLC from any such claims. Horse Owner agrees to disclose any and all hazardous or dangerous propensities of horse(s) boarded overnight at the Stable.
2. Horse Owner understand that there IS NO MOUNTING OR RIDING OWNER’S HORSE OR ANY HORSE ON OR FROM THE PROPERTY OF THE POINT REYES COUNTRY INN AND STABLE LCC and the potential dangers that the Horse Owner could incur in mounting, riding, walking, boarding, feeding said horse; including, but not limited to, any interactions with other horses. Understanding those risks the Horse Owner hereby releases Point Reyes Country Inn and Stable LLC, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and anyone else directly or indirectly connected with that Point Reyes Country Inn and Stable LLC from any liability whatsoever in the event of injury or damage of any nature (or perhaps even death) to the Horse Owner or anyone else caused by or incidental to Horse Owner electing to overnight boarding and to mount or ride a horse.
3. INHERENT RISKS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. The Horse Owner by reserving overnight night boarding at Point Reyes Country Inn and Stable LLC acknowledges there are inherent risks associated with equine activities such as described below and hereby expressly assumes all risks associated with participating in such activities. The inherent risks include, but are not limited to the propensity of equines to behave in ways such as, running, bucking, biting, kicking, shying, stumbling, rearing, falling or stepping on, that may result in an injury, harm or death to persons on or around them; the unpredictability of equine’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals; certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions; collisions with other animals; the limited availability of emergency medical care; and the potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the animal or not acting within such participant’s ability.
4. RULES AND REGULATIONS. Horse Owner agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations of the Point Reyes Country Inn and Stable LCC.
5. The Horse Owner by reserving overnight night boarding has read and understands, and freely and voluntarily enter into this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement with Point Reyes Country Inn and Stables LCC, and understands that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement is a waiver of any and all liability (ies).
Our website address is: https://thegroomsquarters.com.
When you visit this website our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to personalize your experience; improve our website; improve customer service and respond to queries and emails of our customers; process transactions; send notification emails; run and operate our website and services. Non-personal information collected is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding website usage. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
Embedded content from other websites & Links to other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or third-parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of external websites you visit.
Who we share your data with
We may contract with other companies, such as online booking services, to provide certain products and services. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We may share information for these purposes only with third-parties. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose information for other purposes.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Our website servers are located in the United States. Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own.
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
We reserve the right to modify this policy relating to this website or services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this policy on this website. When we do we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of this website after any such changes will constitute your consent to such changes.
This policy was last updated July 29, 2022.
TheGroomsQuarters.com is committed to furthering the accessibility and usability of this website. We use the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to guide our efforts, though other standards may also be used to provide accessibility to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Our efforts are ongoing. If you encounter a specific accessibility issue on this website, please contact us at email@example.com. Be sure to specify the particular web page and issue.